Self Catering Accommodation in Essex
Baker’s, Bread, Millers and Pudding Cottage were formerly bake houses and stables and have been converted to a very high standard.
Each cottage has its own distinct personality combining authentic features from a bygone age with the convenience of modern amenities.
Working closely with local craftsmen we have retained and enhanced many of the buildings original fixtures and fittings.
Each cottage has vaulted ceilings, exposed beams, oak flooring and doors and two have the original fireplaces as their focal points.
Sleeps 2 with 1 king-size bed
Sleeps 4 with 1 king-size bed, 1 twin bed bedroom and a sofa bed.View Bread Cottage details >
Sleeps 3 with 1 king-size bed
Sleeps 4 with 1 king-size bed and 1 twin bed bedroom (Wheelchair access).View Pudding Cottage details >
- The cottages are completely self contained and are communally heated through our ground source heat pump system which generates heat from the soil's warmth. They all have their own front door and terrace which can be accessed through the patio doors in each of the lounges.
- We provide quality mattresses, duvets, linen and towels and for each week of your stay you will receive clean sheets and duvet covers, towels and tea towels.
- One basket of firewood and logs are provided free for Baker’s and Bread Cottage.
- Garden furniture is provided with each cottage.
- Highchair and cot.
- Each cottage has its own iron and ironing board and all have access to the laundry room, which contains washing machine and tumble dryer. We provide all washing powder and just ask that you put £3 in the pot by the machines after each use.
- An access statement is available on request.
- In the lounge of each cottage you will find a folder detailing walks, the best pubs and restaurants and brochures on what to do and what is going on in the area. There is also an album of photographs that charts the progress of converting the cottages – the transformation is quite remarkable.
- In addition we provide a breakfast pack which includes bacon, sausages and eggs (locally sourced) and a pint of milk which is supplied by the local milkman and can be delivered throughout your stay if you so wish.
- Games including children’s ones and jigsaws and cards are available on request.
- All of the cottages are NO Smoking.
- Well behaved pets are always welcome.
- For each week a charge of £10 per animal will be added to the weekly rate.